Dry skin is a very common skin problem and is often worse during the winter when environmental humidity is low. What can you do to prevent dry, itchy skin or more serious cracks and bleeding of skin?
Here's some tips for Winter Weather Skin Survival:
1. Do not take super hot showers! as a hot shower can further help to dehydrate your skin.
2. Don't use bubble bath or regular soap. Use a MILD soap or mild shower gel.
3. Put on moisturizer while your skin is still wet and give your hands and feet some extra moisture: it can be a light lotion, a thicker body butter, a richer balm, or body oil or take a nice bath with bath truffles!
4. Eliminate dead skin cells by using a gentle and moisturizing body scrub.
5. Pat your skin gently and leave it a little moist.
6. For your face, use a facial cream and a nourishing serum. Apply a mask/exfoliant at least once a week.
4. Use a touch of balm or even lip balm on lips, nose, and on cheeks before you go out for a wintry walk.
5. Hydrate your skin from the inside: drink plenty of water and other healthy fluids in the winter to keep your body and skin hydrated.
Take care and protect the largest beauty organ in your body, your skin!